It aims at management of pest through control in increase of pest population as pest/insects get trapped in it and die hence cannot reproduce thus lowering pest incidence even for years to come
How it is women friendly?
- It is chemical free, as women does all house chores thus are greatly exposed to get poisoned and poison their family due to physical contact with pesticides, it nullifies threat to health.
- Four to six pheromone traps with lures which last more than 20 days can be placed in one acre area, which has been found to be significantly helpful in reducing the pest population.
Locale of dissemination/ application:
(i) Puri (Ottrarkera)
(iv) Mayurbhanj (Tarajodi)
- Reduced use of chemical based pesticides.
- Reduces health risks associated with chemicals.
- Environment friendly.
- Saves on costly pesticides.
Limitations if any
- Not easily available at micro levels
S.K. Srivastava, B L Attri, L. P. Sahoo, M. P. S. Arya, Geeta Saha and B. C. Behera, ICAR -Central Institute for Women in Agriculture, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Developed and tested
Year and purpose:
2014-2015 for eco-friendly pest management
Pheromone trap @ Rs. 20-25 Pheromone lure @ Rs. 15-20 (Total: Rs.35 to Rs.45)
Weather further study/ modification are required or not: