YELLOW STICKY TRAP
It aims at management of pest through control in increase of pest population as pest/insects stick to it and die hence cannot reproduce thus lowering pest incidence even for years to come.
Technology description (technical)
It uses bright yellow color which attracts the insects towards itself once it gets closer it gets stuck to the gum on the surface of the paper.
How it is women friendly?
- It is chemical free, as women does all house chores thus are greatly exposed to get poisoned and poison their family due to physical contact with pesticides, it nullifies threat to health.
- No chance for farm women to carry poison to home where she is extensively involved.
- Four to six yellow sticky traps can be placed in one acre area, which has been found to be significantly helpful in reducing the any pest/insect population capable of flying particularly aphids and jassids
Locale of dissemination/ application:
(i) Puri (Ottrarkera)
(iv) Mayurbhanj (Tarajodi)
- Reduced use of chemical based pesticides.
- Reduces health risks associated with chemicals.
- Environment friendly.
- Saves on costly pesticides.
Limitations if any
- Not easily available at micro levels.
S.K. Srivastava, et.al. ICAR -Central Institute for Women in Agriculture, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Year and purpose:
2014-2015 for eco friendly pest management
100 ml @ Rs. 320 (to prepare) Pack of 50 @ Rs. 2500-2750 (ready to use)
Weather further study/ modification are required or not: